The Santa Lusia is a boat built tough and built for adventure. This 65-foot, engine-powered boat offers surfers a traditional and classic Indonesian experience at a price that will have you and your buddies securing your booking for years to come.
About Santa Lusia
Operating out of the Mentawai Island region, the Santa Lusia caters for up to 10 guests on a 12-night charter out of Padang Harbour. For most of its guests, the primary focus is surf and to leave the creature comforts of home behind them in search of a tropical sojourn to the wave-rich Mentawai islands. Given its robust build and “no-fuss” fit out, the Santa Lusia is an ideal vessel to deliver just that – a spacious environment for the hardcore surfer looking to spend their time in the water and not glued to a screen inside their cabin.
With access to the dozens of world-class waves that the Mentawai Islands offer, coupled with the combined experience of the captain and crew, you can rest assured that you’re not only in safe hands, but that you’ll be surfing the best waves in the best conditions on any given day.
Each charter package includes your accommodation, meals, and beverages for the 12-night stay aboard the Santa Lusia, which is air-conditioned throughout for your comfort. The bunk-style bedding is comfortable and internal layout of the vessel is extremely spacious.
A chef will accompany each charter, pulling inspiration from all corners of the world to produce hearty dishes for breakfast lunch and dinner.
When you’re not in the water, you’ll be able to cast a lure and try your luck at landing a Golden Trevally or Coral Trout, or simply relax with a movie from the Santa Lusia’s extensive collection in the dining and a lounge saloon below deck between surfs.
2018 Charter Special - Limited Time
For a limited time if you book a spot on the Santa Lusia for any 2018 charter you will score a bonus Patagonia Black Hole Duffle Bag valued at $189.95.
This offer is limited so secure your spot and nab the ultimate travel bag.
The Black Hole™ Duffel 90L is the ultimate surf travel bag as easily swallows 10 days worth of stuff.
Dragged, slung, dropped and rolled—just another day for the Black Hole®. Highly durable and highly weather-resistant, this bag protects your gear from rough handling.
The main compartment is accessed by a zippered U-shaped lid, which has a pair of zippered mesh pockets on the underside for small items. A zippered exterior pocket holds the stuff you need to access quickly. The padded bottom panel adds structure and helps cushion the load when your duffel gets the baggage-handler treatment.
Carrying options include padded removable shoulder straps, webbing handles with a snap closure and haul loops at either end that facilitate linking multiple bags. Four daisy chains let you lash additional gear to the outside. Made from 15-oz 900-denier polyester ripstop (50% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Burly polyester ripstop with highly weatherproof TPU laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Large opening to main compartment, zippered side pocket, mesh pockets in lid; stuffs into its own pocket for easy storage
- Padded, removable shoulder straps, webbing handles with snap closure and haul loops at either end for easy carrying
- Padded base protects contents
- Burly, reinforced daisy chains for lashing
- Internal compression
- 15-oz 900-denier 100% polyester ripstop (50% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
See more details here:
Price & Package
|Charters||Max Guests||Price USD||Book|
|1 - 6 & 23 - 26||10||$2,000||Enquire now|
|7 - 22||10||$2,200||Enquire now|
Santa Lusia Inclusions
- Pickup and return from Minangkabau International Airport in Padang, Sumatra. Transfers: Airport/ (Hotel) / Boat/ (Hotel) / Airport (Takes about 40 min from the airport to the Boat harbour).
- 12 nights charter
- Air conditioned very spacious dormitory accommodation for up to 10 guests
- TV, video, stereo
- Break fast, lunch and dinner
- Snacks and fruits
- Water, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, capuccino, juices, soft drinks.
- FREE 3 BEERS PER DAY/ Person
- Use all onboard equipment as tender / dingy, snorkelling and basic fishing gear Safety equipment
- Surf guide, skipper and crew onboard
Package does not include
- Any Flight Tickets
- USD 35 Visa Fee payable inside airport
- Hotel in Padang if necessary. There are couple options of Hotels located 5 to 10 min from Santa Lusia harbour and it cost around 45 to 100 usd/ night/ room for 2 guests. We can also help on booking a hotel in Padang. Let us now in advance.
- Mentawai Government Tax 1 million rupia (around USD 85) in cash with the receipt provide. or on booking together with the boat payment. (The Mentawai Government may raise this retribution fee at any time with no prior notice).
- Professional Photography and Videography packages.
- Wine and spirits are available at an additional cost upon request at the time you pay for your trip.
- Tipping the crew is not mandatory but appreciated. The suggested tip is 10% of the cost of each persons charter prices and is distributed evenly among the crew members.
The ideal window for the best waves in the Mentawai Island chain is between March and November with a peak season between May and July. With waves to cater for surfers of all skill levels, simply chat with your captain and he’ll ensure you have some of the best sessions of a lifetime.
Some well-known options are left-handers like Greenbush, Thunders or the infinitely fun Macaronis or right-handers like HT’s, Roxy’s or Rag’s right. Your options are limitless on a Santa Lusia charter.
Featuring a fully air-conditioned galley with communal saloon and lounge area, along with extremely spacious bunk bed –style accommodation, the Santa Lusia is an ideal boat to spread your wings and not be stepping all over other guests. With plenty of deck space sprawled across its 65-foot length, you’ll also have plenty of room above deck to soak up some rays, catch up on your book reading or a sneaky siesta between surf sessions.
With an offering of Mexican, Brazillian, Western and local Indonesian dishes, you’ll never go hungry aboard the Santa Lusia. The menu includes fish, beef, chicken, vegetarian, vegetables, salads, rice and beans, pasta, spaghetti, tacos, quesadillas and more, with the addition of free fruits, snacks, chips, cookies, chocolate, and desserts.
If you’re looking to rest your shoulders between surf sessions, you’ll be welcome to the Santa Lusia’s range of fishing and snorkeling gear. Day trips to nearby islands and local villages can also be arranged for those wanting to stretch their legs back on land for a few hours.
Packages include transfers from Padang airport to the Santa Lusia and also back to the airport once your charter is over.
Santa Lusia 2017 Schedule
|30 Sept||21 Oct||12||-||Sold Out|
|14 Oct||26 Oct||12||$2,100||Enquire now|
|28 Oct||9 Nov||12||$2,100||Enquire now|
|11 Nov||23 Nov||12||$2,000||Enquire now|
|25 Nov||6 Dec||12||$2,000||Enquire now|
|8 Dec||20 Dec||12||$2,000||Enquire now|
|22 Dec||3 Jan||12||Christmas Special||Enquire now|
Santa Lusia 2018 Schedule
|5 Jan||17 Jan||12||$2000||Enquire now|
|19 Jan||31 Jan||12||$2000||Enquire now|
|2 Feb||14 Feb||12||$2000||Enquire now|
|16 Feb||28 Feb||12||$2000||Enquire now|
|2 Mar||14 Mar||12||$2000||Enquire now|
|16 Mar||28 Mar||12||$2000||Enquire now|
|30 Mar||11 Apr||12||$2200||Sold Out|
|13 Apr||25 Apr||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|27 Apr||9 May||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|11 May||23 May||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|25 May||6 Jun||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|8 Jun||20 Jun||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|22 Jun||4 Jul||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|6 Jul||18 Jul||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|20 Jul||1 Aug||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|3 Aug||15 Aug||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|17 Aug||29 Aug||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|31 Aug||12 Sep||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|14 Sep||26 Sep||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|28 Sep||10 Oct||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|12 Oct||24 Oct||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|26 Oct||7 Nov||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|9 Nov||21 Nov||12||$2200||Enquire now|
|23 Nov||5 Dec||12||$2000||Enquire now|
|7 Dec||19 Dec||12||$2000||Enquire now|
|21 Dec||2 Jan||12||$2000||Enquire now|
Main Fleet Specification
Santa Lusia is 65 feet long with 50mm planking , making Santa Lusia extremely solid.
Propelled by 2 Mitsubishi 622,s with 280 Hp/ Engine, giving a guaranteed hull speed of 8.5 Knots
2 x Genset 25kva coupled with Mitsubishi colt Diesel,415 VAC 240VAC 24vdc
– Furuno 24Nm radar
– Garmin G.P.S
– S.S.B. Radio I-Com 700 S.S.B
– V.H.F. Radio
– Epirb 104Mhz SOLAS
– 15 Man Life Raft SOLAS all Flares and Safety Equipment
Speed Boat Specification
Boat : 4.75m long x 2.25m wide aluminium Tender with 30HP Tohatsu outboard and centre console steering