Dreaming about your next surf adventure? Searching for something different, something exciting, and something you’ll never forget? How about staying on a luxury 100ft high-speed yacht?
About Moon Palikir
Soul Surf Travel presents ‘Moon Palikir’ – the luxurious and spacious yacht specifically custom built for surfers with the added benefit of having access to the plethora of world-class waves throughout the Mentawai Islands.
The Moon Palikir is an impressive 35 meters in length, with its fibreglass hull, twin engine with top speed of 15 knots and a cruise speed of 12 knots, this a vessel that’s designed for comfort and to get you from point a to b quickly with the addition of two tender vessels so you can spend your time surfing the best waves Indonesia has to offer.
Price and Packages
(Mar, Apr, Nov)
(Apr – Oct)
• Transfers airport-boat-airport
• Air-con accommodation
• All meals on board, including snacks and fruits
• Filtered water, juices and soft drinks
• 15 cartons of Bintang per trip (more available at extra cost)
• Surf-guide service
• Use of equipment for fishing
• Speed-boat available for fishing
• Use of equipment for snorkelling
• 12 passengers max.
• Special prices for non-exclusive groups
The Moon Palikir charters world class surfing destinations within the Mentawai and Telo Islands, both renowned across the globe for their amazing waves, warm weather and outstanding reefs. Waves cater for surfers of all levels of experience and skill level – rest assured that your captain has an intimate knowledge of the region, it’s waves and where you’re most likely to score the best waves of your life!
Some great spots to check out include:
GT’s – crown jewel of waves – fun but intense barrelling right.
Jurassic Park – Named for its prehistoric backdrop, steady, consistent and epic left over coral. Requires two speedboat trips to reach the destination but well worth it just for the scenery.
Named for its prehistoric backdrop, steady, consistent and epic left over coral. Requires two speedboat trips to reach the destination but well worth it just for the scenery.
The E.R – Home to amazing live coral and made up of two different reef passes, the E.R has waves to suit all levels of experience.
Dislocators – For the hardened experienced surfer that doesn’t hold back, a shallow barrelling left that may just deliver you the best ride of your life.
Moon Palikir proudly boasts air-conditioned main rooms and modern cabins, and a spacious deck to ease those weary surfed-out bones with a quiet ale or two at Sunset. The cabins are a more generous size than other yachts within this region. The main lounge area is equipped with a flat screen television, perfect for laidback downtime with your friends after a long day fishing and surfing.
Guests have access to two tender boats to be dropped off and picked up from the surf or for trawling when you’re done surfing.
- 4 x Double Cabins with 2 singles beds
- 1 x Cabin – 4 bunks
- 1 x Double Cabin
- 42-inch flat screen TV
- 2 bathrooms
- Length Overall (LOA): 35 m
- Width: 6.5 m
- Style: Fibreglass boat
- Marine Engine: Twin Engine Nissan RF10 (420 Horse Power x 2)
- Generator: Colt Diesel PS100 (40 KW x 2)
- Radar: 24 Mile Range
- GPS plo
- Depth Sounder / Fish Founder
- Radios: HF / SSB, VHF Radios
- Life Jackets / Life Ring with MOB Lights/ Life raft for 20 People / Life rings with MOB lights
- Satellite Phone available
- First Aid Kit
- 1 Fibre Glass Tender: 6.5 m (Engine 40 HP)
Moon Palikir has a strong focus on sustainability and makes conscious choices to avoid plastic where possible, storing garbage so as to prevent pollution of the islands, and utilising rainwater catchment for internal use on the boat.
With a chef on board the Moon Palikir at all times, you will certainly never go hungry. We ca cater for most persuasions and taste palettes and often serve a mixture of Indonesian cuisines and western favourites. In between meals you will also have access to an array of snacks and refreshments including beer, soft drink, coffee and water.
Enjoying a seafood feast and having a cold beer after a full day of surfing? That’s what to expect when boarding Moon Palikir. Surfed out? Check out these other options to keep you busy between sessions:
• Snorkel around the Mentawai Archipelago – one of the most stunning locations the region has to offer with white sandy beaches, coconut trees, and pristine clear water. Take a look at the local marine life while snorkelling – or just relax on the beach, lap up the sun and enjoy the island life.
• Love fishing? Barracuda, Mahi Mahi, Tuna and Sail Fish are just some of the hook-ups you will find. Moon Palikir has a both speedboat and a tender for fishing, and the crew is always willing to cast a line and are up for a good fishing session at night too. Excess seafood can also be shared with the local villagers. Moon Palikir is fully stocked with snorkelling gear, fishing gear, and paddleboards for those looking for a good mix of ocean-bound activity.
• Explore the islands – village visits are a must see to get a taste of the local culture. The Mentawai Islands are located in the centre of the Indian Ocean, and the islands are mostly inhabited by the local friendly fishermen who love to share fishing tips and chat with new visitors.
• Happy hour at sunset! Because what’s a surfing trip without sharing a few beers, good laughs and good company with friends? Nothing beats it.
Once we have your flight information, we’ll arrange your transfer from Padang airport to The Moon Palikir. Departure from Padang is usually at around 6pm for an overnight crossing to the Mentawai Islands.
Come and experience a surf trip of a lifetime and jump on board the Moon Palikir – what are you waiting for?
|Jul. 6||Jul. 18||12||12||$3600 USD||Enquire now|
|Aug. 3||Aug. 15||12||12||$3600 USD||Enquire now|
|Sep. 14||Sep. 26||12||12||$3600 USD||Enquire now|
|Sep. 28||Oct. 10||12||12||$3600 USD||Enquire now|
|Oct. 26||Nov. 7||12||12||$3150 USD||Enquire now|
|Nov. 9||Nov. 21||12||12||$3150 USD||Enquire now|
|Mar. 7||Mar. 19||12||12||$2790 USD||Enquire now|
|Mar. 21||Apr. 2||12||12||$2790 USD||Enquire now|
|Apr. 4||Apr. 16||12||12||$2790 USD||Enquire now|
|Apr. 18||Apr. 30||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|May 2||May 14||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|May 16||May 28||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|May 30||Jun. 11||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|Jun. 18||Jun. 30||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|Jul. 2||Jul. 14||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|Jul. 16||Jul. 28||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|Jul. 30||Aug. 11||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|Aug. 13||Aug. 25||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|Aug. 27||Sep. 8||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|Sep. 10||Sep. 22||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|Sep. 24||Oct. 6||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|Oct. 8||Oct. 20||12||12||$3090 USD||Enquire now|
|Oct. 22||Nov. 3||12||12||$2790 USD||Enquire now|
|Nov. 5||Nov. 17||12||12||$2790 USD||Enquire now|
2018 Charter Special - Limited Time
For a limited time if you book a spot on the Moon Palikir for any 2018 charter you will score a bonus Patagonia Black Hole Duffle Bag valued at $189.95.
This offer is limited so secure your spot and nab the ultimate travel bag.
The Black Hole™ Duffel 90L is the ultimate surf travel bag as easily swallows 10 days worth of stuff.
Dragged, slung, dropped and rolled—just another day for the Black Hole®. Highly durable and highly weather-resistant, this bag protects your gear from rough handling.
The main compartment is accessed by a zippered U-shaped lid, which has a pair of zippered mesh pockets on the underside for small items. A zippered exterior pocket holds the stuff you need to access quickly. The padded bottom panel adds structure and helps cushion the load when your duffel gets the baggage-handler treatment.
Carrying options include padded removable shoulder straps, webbing handles with a snap closure and haul loops at either end that facilitate linking multiple bags. Four daisy chains let you lash additional gear to the outside. Made from 15-oz 900-denier polyester ripstop (50% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Burly polyester ripstop with highly weatherproof TPU laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Large opening to main compartment, zippered side pocket, mesh pockets in lid; stuffs into its own pocket for easy storage
- Padded, removable shoulder straps, webbing handles with snap closure and haul loops at either end for easy carrying
- Padded base protects contents
- Burly, reinforced daisy chains for lashing
- Internal compression
- 15-oz 900-denier 100% polyester ripstop (50% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
See more details here: