Paradise for surfers of all skill levels, Aloita Resort stands alone as the most refined and comfortable resort ever built in Indonesia’s Mentawai Islands.
About Aloita Resort & Spa
One of the most beautiful resorts in the Mentawai Islands, Aloita is renowned for being one of the most secluded and magnificent surf locationsin the archipelago. Set amongst white sandy beaches, coral reefs, stunning ocean and lush vegetation, Aloita is ideal for surfers and travellers looking for a secluded hidden treasure.
Packed with amenities and services including tropical spa, beachfront bar and restaurant, diving centre, surf school, yoga classes, SUP school, water sports and a private beach, Aloita is the ideal destination for couples, romantic getaways, families as well as groups.
Aloita has access to a phenomenal amount of waves with up to 70% of the Mentawais breaks within 1-hour speedboat of the resort. With world class waves that are of the highest quality and most consitent in the world between April and October, Aloita offers constant swells and three to six-foot waves that are suitable for a wide range of surfers from beginners to advanced.
Aloita Resort & Spa is widely acclaimed around the world and in 2012 and 2013 achieved the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence.
10% Off All 2017 Bookings
With a wide range of packages available including 7, 10 and 14-day stays, Aloita Surf Resort & Spa offers an exclusive experience on a little piece of tropical paradise. Aloita Spa & Resort is one of Soul Surf Travel’s recommended destinations, with prices starting from AU$168 per night, and 7 nights AU$1860
|Package||Season||Days||Room Type||Price (USD)||Enquiry|
|Surfer||Low||10||Twin Share||$1750||Enquire now|
|Low||Quad Share||$1650||Enquire now|
|Non Surfer||Low||10||Twin Share||$1350||Enquire now|
|Low||Quad Share||$1300||Enquire now|
- 3 healthy meals per day (Buffet style)
- Unlimited drinking water/tea/coffee
- Special discounts for children aged 5-12 years
- Children under 5 years stay free of charge
- For surfers 2 x speedboat transfers per day
Items Available at an Extra Cost
- Transfers to the resort from Padang
- Trips to the Playground area to the north and the Peninsula” to the south are available at an extra cost.
- Mentawai Surf Tax ($75)
- Beverages and snacks including fresh juices & alcohol
- Light meals and snacks, minibar
- Snorkelling equipment rental
- Diving instruction and PADI certification
- Trekking trips to Siberut Island
- Photo packages
- Tax & Service surcharge 21% on all expenses at the Resort
With 70% of Mentawai’s waves within 1-hour speedboat ride, surfers are spoilt for choice when it comes to quality waves. There are at least 5 world class waves within 10 minutes speedboat and you even have a fun left-hander right in front of the resort.
The resort also offers two daily speed boat surf sessions both morning and afternoon with an experienced surf guide, allowing resort guests to experience as many surf spots as possible during their stay. Whatever your surfing experience, if you’re looking for the perfect wave look no further than Aloita Resort.
- Access to 70% of the waves in the Mentawais within an 1 hours speedboat
- Tikus – Right out front, only 10 minutes walk away is Tikus a super fun left-hander. It is perfect for all levels including beginners
- Telescopes 10 minutes away
- Hookers, Iceland, Ombak Tidur, Arik, Suicides, Scarecrows and Seven Palm all within close proximity of the resort
- The Playgrounds are and the world famous HT’s are also accessible at an extra charge
Aloita Resort is an intimate resort with only seven beachfront bungalows and one family cottage all set along a pristine sandy beach surrounded by tropical gardens and coconut trees. All bungalows are made in a traditional style and are constructed using only the highest quality local materials including hardwoods sourced from the surrounding islands.
- Surf House – dorm style surf house with 10 single beds
- Private bungalow – triple share with 1 single and 2 twin beds
- Private bungalow – double share with 1 single and 1 king bed
- Private bungalow – single share with king single bed
- Family / Group bungalow – 3 single beds with 1 king bed and 1 twin bed
Bungalows offer the following features:
- Beach front with ocean view
- King size or twin bed
- Private toilet and open air shower
- Hot water
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning (during night time)
- Mini bar
- Terrace with private ocean facing deck
Meals are included in the package for Aloita Resort and include three healthy meals and unlimited water, tea and coffee for each day of your stay.
The resort is family friendly and caters for children’s diets. Catering for special dietary requirements is also provided including vegan, vegetarian and food intolerances.
If you’re looking for options other than the best surf in the world, Aloita Resort offers a wide variety of activities for almost every taste.
Beginner surfers can experience a professional and fun surf school which is suitable for both beginners right through to intermediates and works to incorporate yoga and conditioning to improve surfing technique and ensure you get the most out of surfing the stunning breaks of the Mentawai archipelago.
SUP (stand up paddleboarding) is one of the fastest growing water sports in the world and lots of fun to learn. Resort guides are available to step you through the theory and practice of SUP and take you on an exciting SUP adventure once you’re up and running.
There are plenty of stunning scuba diving and snorkelling locations in close proximity to the resort and the resort have PADI trained diving instructors on hand to provide dives and courses upon request.
Only a few short steps from the ocean is our resort yoga studio Yoga Shala. The classes are suitable for all levels and are taught by our resident yoga teach. Enjoy stretching, surfer’s yoga, and beachfront yoga twice daily.
Aloita Resort takes sustainability seriously, and all bungalows are constructed using only the highest quality local materials including hardwoods sourced from the surrounding islands. Where possible, local craftsman and trades are used on building projects in the resort.
Local produce and materials are sourced in and around the Mentawais Islands with sustainability and eco-tourism being a major focus.
The resort is currently in the process of becoming self-sustainable and is working to phase out electricity consumption and move to 100% solar power.
The resort is simple to access via three steps – fly to Pandang, jump on a three-hour fast ferry to the Mentawais and then a 15-minute private boat to Aloita Resort.
Flying to Padang can be done via Jakarta/Bali, Singapore or via Kuala Lumpur.
All guests are required to arrive in Padang the night before you are planning to depart for the island as the ferry departs at 6 am. Please note transfers are included from the airport or hotel to the harbour to meet the ferry.